~ Search Lake Keowee Waterfront & Interior Lots by Price Range ~
Let us help you find the best lakefront lot for your new home. We know your time is valuable and we honor that so, before you visit, we get topo maps from the County web site. This may tell us more than the listing photographs do. These searches include only lots marked as gently sloping or nearly level according to the listing agents, though this information may not be accurate.
For interior lots, please see Interior Lots by Price Range below.
Keowee Lakefront Lots
Interior Lots in Keowee Lakefront Communities
Many lake communities have leased boat slips for interior lot owners. An example is Waterford Pointe (photo below). Their slips are about $350 per year. You can buy a nice interior lot for about $50,000 and up.
Build This Home for Approximately $285,000!
- This home design is The High Pointe by Donald A. Gardner. 1,544 square feet plus a bonus room over the garage.
- It can be built for approximately $285,000, depending on options and foundation. This includes granite counter tops, fiber cement board siding, and hardwood floors. This estimate comes from one of the top custom builders on Lake Keowee. To arrange a meeting with them, give us a call. They are dependable, quality builders with wonderful recommendations.
Tips for Buying Lake Keowee Land
(A builder can help with all of this)
- Avoid an expensive mistake! Not every lot will be suitable for your house plan. Be sure to have your builder examine any lot before you buy or at least during your inspection period.
- Green water at the shoreline is deep; red or peach color is shallow. A permit or dock in place does not guarantee deep water. Duke doesn't consider depth when granting permits.
- A dock contractor can tell you if you are likely to get a permit from Duke for the dock you want.
- Steeper land means a more expensive foundation.
- Account for setbacks to be sure your house will fit. Counties have minimums but subdivisions may set their own! Our Lakefront Community pages have covenants, slideshows and videos, maps, plats, amenities and property searches.
- Most communities require Architectural Control Committee review of plans. We're sure you would agree that this protects your investment.
- Review the Duke Energy Shoreline Management Guidelines and Vegetative Buffer rules on our Lake Gallery page.
- Stay informed on sales trends on our Real Estate Sales Statistics for Lake Keowee page.
We have several excellent custom home builders in our area. They have built homes for many of our clients so we feel confident in recommending them. We work very closely with them to help determine which land is right for you and your new home. Together we will walk your potential land and will examine the topography which will determine the location of home site, placement of the driveway and septic. It is important to us that you have a, “fine building experience.” Please call us at 864.238.3176 or use our VIP Property Search form. Visit our Keowee Custom Home Builder page for a slideshow and links to Custom Home Plans by designers such as Donald Gardner, Southern Living and Stephen Fuller.
Feel free to visit our Lakefront Communities page. Each of the community pages has a sideshow with photos of homes and amenities. Some have videos we have taken from the interior as well as from the water. There is an interactive Google map for your convenience that has the community location marked. You will also find a Property Search for Land and Homes in that community.
On this site are a few of our Featured Listings that will give you insight into, not only the homes, but also this beautiful area. You will find extensive videos, visual tours, maps, photos and links that we hope you will enjoy and know you will find informative.
Example Lot: Asked $375,000, SOLD $365,000
Riverstone Community. Flat and gently-sloping 0.78 acre lot is perfect for a walk-out basement and easy driveway entry. Great lake view. Covered dock in deep water! Underbrushed and cleaned for easy viewing and building. Buy an inexpensive Amenity Lot in Keowee Key for the great amenities just minutes away.
SOLD: Jocassee Gorges River Lodge $725,000
Thirty acre riverfront estate. Timber-built 3 bed, 2½ bath, 3,300 sq ft custom craftsman home on the banks of the Eastatoee River. Enjoy trails, fly fishing, & kayaking to Lake Keowee. Hear the rushing river from almost every room. Details & panoramas on Tour.
“I would like to take a moment to recommend Carol and Doug to anyone selling or buying a home in the Lake Keowee area. From the beginning of the process to the final closing I found the Pattersons to be detailed oriented, very responsive, and conduct their business with complete integrity. The result was a home sale that far exceeded our expectations!”
Bryan G., Customer Builder and part owner